Saturday, December 16, 2006

Killing time

I have nothing of interest to say because I am just sitting here waiting for Tuesday to get here. On Tuesday I get to get on a plane and go get my guys from NYC.

Meanwhile I have been doing mundane things like cleaning, surfing the net, listening to Christmas music, oh and taking care of the girls.

I have been selling a few baby items on Craigslist. Someone came over to buy a car seat base today. Julia and I were making cookies. The house was clean - the Christmas lights were on - Christmas music was playing the background and I was holding Lauren. I thought to myself that it must look like I am living some sort of ideal life. Me and my "two" children, nice house at Christmastime. Meanwhile - I am living a life no one would want to trade for. Well I guess I have to take that back - I know plenty of angel moms who would trade me....one more day with their child alive...

Still - it always reminds me not to assume things about people. Occasionally I will see a family I do not know - with a boy about Nathan's age and I think to myself "they have no idea how lucky they are" and then I realize that I have no idea what their life is like. Perhaps they have already lost a child.

Can't judge a book by its cover, I guess.


p.s. I actually DO judge a book by its cover...so that saying doesn't work for me. I totally glance at the cover first and make assumptions about the book...isn't that what the cover is for?

3 comments:

~A~ said...

What Kate said. ;)

I'm hoping for a every uneventful, safe and quick travels for all of you.

xoxo

~A~

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO They're coming home! How exciting! Safe travels! HUGS

fivedreamin said...

I ditto what Kate said. I think about your family often. I even occasionally talk about Nathan and all he has been through at such a young age. HUGS!!! I hope you are enjoying being a family under one roof and that Nathan's fever breaks soon. Merry Christmas!